Peter Naredi is professor of surgery at Umea university in Sweden and he is chairman of the Department of surgery. After defending a thesis in Tumour blood flow at Göteborg university he did a postdoc period at the Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, USA. He has specialized in cancer surgery, especially Hepatopancreaticobiliary surgery and melanoma. The main research interests are Cisplatin resistance, immunotherapy and treatment of liver and pancreas cancer.
Presently professor Naredi is the President of the Swedish surgical society, and the Scandinavian surgical society. He is currently President of ESSO with a special interest in educational activities.
Here is a selection among 92 publications in peer-reviewed journals:
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified:
- Kao G., et al. ASNA-1 positively regulates insulin secretion in C. elegans and mammalian cells. Cell 128:577-87, 2007.
- Agarwala, S., et al. Results from a randomized phase III study comparing combined treatment with histamine dihydrochloride plus interleukin-2 versus interleukin-2 alone in patients with metastatic melanoma. J Clin Oncol 20:125-33, 2002.
- Kurdi-Haidar, B., et al. Isolation of the ATP-binding human homolog of the arsA component of the bacterial arsenite transporter. Genomics 36:486-91, 1996.
- Hellstrand, K., et al. Histamine, cimetedin and colorectal cancer. Nature Med 2:364-5, 1996.
- Naredi, P., et al. Cross-resistance between cisplatin, antimony potassium tartrate, and arsenite in human tumor cells. J Clin Invest 95:1193-8, 1995.
- Naredi, P., et al. Cross-resistance between cisplatin and antimony in a human ovarian carcinoma cell line. Cancer Research 54:6464-8, 1994.