Abstract submission is now open
Abstract submission deadline: Friday, 30 March 2018 (21:00 CET)
Abstracts can be submitted only online.
The presentation of innovative oncology pharmacy research is the cornerstone of the ECOP4 Conference, offering the opportunity to share important findings, showcase recent advances and updates in oncology pharmacy practice and to encourage collaboration and information sharing within the profession.
Download the full Call for Abstracts here (PDF).
Kindly note that in order to submit your abstract you need to have an ECCO account
- Should you already have an account please do not create a new one. Log in with your details and follow further instructions on the screen. If you forgot your details please click “Forgot Password”. You are then able to recover your details to submit an abstract.
- Should you need to create a new account please click on “Create Account” and follow instructions on the screen. Once completed you will receive your log-in details to submit an abstract.
With the submission of an abstract to ECOP4, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- States that, for studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate.
- Identifies, obtains and discloses any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract for all abstract authors. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate-sponsored research and other substantive relationships.
- Releases the copyright on behalf of all authors to ESOP and gives permission for the abstract, when selected for presentation, to be published in an issue of the European Journal of Oncology Pharmacy, as well as on the ECOP4 website. The copyright of the abstract remains with the author(s).
Submitted abstracts cannot be withdrawn after 30 May 2018.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be submitted in good English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- Abstracts should be organised under the headings:
- Material and method
- Results and discussion
- The abstract submission system will not accept abstracts that exceed 2900 characters (including body of the abstract, spaces and 1 table).
- Only one data table is permitted in the body of the abstract. Illustrations and figures are not allowed and will be deleted if submitted.
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are not allowed. Symbols and structures of drugs are allowed and should be drawn in black.
Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the ECOP4 Conference Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance.
For questions regarding the online submission process please contact: Rebekka Mattyasovszky, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Selection Process
The Scientific Committee will make the selection of abstracts for oral, poster spotlight or poster presentations in April 2018. Following that the presenting author will receive an e-mail with the result of the review and the Scientific Committee’s decision on the abstract.
If a selected author cannot attend, the presenting author should assign a replacement.
The following presentation formats are applicable for ECOP4:
- Oral presentation: the abstract is selected for oral presentation in a main programme symposium
- Poster in the Spotlight: abstracts that have been selected for presentation in a Poster Spotlight Session. The Posters discussed in the Poster Spotlight session will be displayed in the Poster Sessions during all sessions.
- Poster: abstracts that have been selected for presentation in poster format. Posters are grouped by topic and will be displayed in the Poster Sessions. A formal Poster Defence Session will be scheduled, when presenting authors are requested to be present at their posters.
Please note that if the abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation, the abstract will only be published in the Proceedings Book if one of the authors is a registered participant and full payment has been received by the advised deadline.
Abstract submission procedure
Abstracts must be submitted on-line, from 20 November 2017 to 30 March 2018, via the ECCO website.
Please follow the instructions on the screen.
- When finished with the online submission, please click the “FINAL SUBMISSION” button for the final submission of the abstract. As a confirmation of your submission, a message will appear on the screen informing you the abstract has been successfully submitted to our database.
- If you need to edit your abstract at a later stage please click “SAVE AND CLOSE”. This button allows you to update your abstract before final submission.
- After clicking “SAVE AND CLOSE”, your abstract is NOT yet submitted. You need to return to the abstract submission page, finalise your abstract and click “FINAL SUBMISSION”. If you have not FINAL SUBMITTED your abstract by
the deadline of 30 March 2018 your abstract can not be accepted.
- Within 24 hours of submission, only the presenting author will receive a confirmation by e-mail. This confirmation of abstract submission does not mean your abstract has been selected for presentation.
- If you do not receive any confirmation, please contact Rebekka Mattyasovszky (email@example.com) within one week following the submission of the abstract.
- Submitting an abstract for ECOP4 does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend ECOP4 by following the instructions for registration on the website.
Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted. Abstracts submitted on paper or by e-mail attachment will not be considered.
- ESOP cannot guarantee any request for withdrawal of an abstract that in any way delays the ECOP4 publications.
- Requests to withdraw abstracts will be accepted until 30 May 2018. After this date, abstracts selected for presentation must be presented.
- If the presenting author of an accepted abstract is not registered (including full payment received) by the given deadline the abstract will automatically be withdrawn.
Topics for Abstract Submission
Abstracts may address any aspect of oncology pharmacy and will be grouped into the themes listed below.
- Basic research
- Cytotoxic drug preparation
- Quality assurance/microbiology/analytics/stability
- Computer and software
- Clinical pharmacy/pharmaceutical care
- Supportive care
- Organisation and management
- Palliative care
- Pharmacokinetics / Pharmacodynamics
- Supportive care
- Drug Stability
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: