Online application submission is now closed.
Online Application Procedure
Application submission opens: Monday, 7 December 2015
Application submission deadline: Monday, 8 February 2016 (23:59 Central European Time)
- Applications to participate in the Workshop can only be submitted electronically
- Applicants must meet the minimum selection criteria outlined below
|MINIMUM SELECTION CRITERIA
Candidates must have completed 1 year of clinical training at the time of application and be within 5 years of completion of Residency/Fellowship training in one of the following disciplines:
- Junior physician specialising in oncology
- Junior clinical professional managing cancer patients (i.e. gynaecologist, haematologist, neuro-oncologist, paediatric oncologist etc.)
- Junior radiologist or pathologist with a strong involvement in cancer care
Have a major interest in clinical research and intend to develop a career in the field.
Aim to write and conduct a clinical protocol for a study not previously performed or written, which is also considered feasible within the institutional setting and the time of completion of the candidate’s clinical training.
Be fluent in written and spoken English and have good computer skills.
Have support of the Direct Supervisor/Mentor and sustained commitment in the years following the Workshop.
- Applications received after the aforementioned deadline will not be accepted
- The application form provided must be used
- All applicants are requested to submit a complete application including the following components:
1. Personal details and contact information
2. One-page description of the clinical therapeutic trial protocol you intend to write during the Workshop
4. Statement of motivation outlining the reasons for wanting to participate in this workshop
5. Statement from the Direct Supervisor/Mentor in support of the applicant, describing their commitment to long-term follow-up and facilitation of the actual implementation of the study designed at the Workshop
- Please ensure that the size of the document uploaded does not exceed 4 MB
- Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt of their application
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by mid March 2016
Applications will not be accepted if the above criteria are not fulfilled. The Workshop Review Committee’s decision is final and whilst feedback about the application process is welcome, the Workshop Review Committee will not enter into any discussions regarding their final decision.
The organisers of this Workshop, the annual Vail Workshop (USA) and the biannual ACORD Workshop (Australia) would like to stress that applications should only be submitted for attendance to one of these Workshops. Submission of this application implies that you have not applied to the other workshops in the same year.
For queries about the application process, please contact the Workshop Secretariat by Email: email@example.com or Phone: +32 (0) 2 775 0201.
PRINT THIS PAGE