The second European Advocacy in Action Forum was held in Stockholm in September 2011 during the European Multidisciplinary Cancer Congress of which ESMO is a full partner. The Forum was co-organized by the ESMO Cancer Patient Working Group and the producer Vital Options International, in collaboration with the ECCO Patient Advisory Committee (PAC).
Advocacy in Action Forums are designed to facilitate a global dialogue among cancer patients that spans across cancer types and continents. The discussions bring patients important information that can help them to better understand their disease and learn where to find important information. The 2011 Forum focused on the topics of EU legislation for patients, clinical trials information, doctor-patient communication, use of the Internet, the ESMO Guide for Patients with Advanced Cancer, creating national cancer plans and new EU cancer initiatives.
2011 European Advocacy in Action Forum during the European Multidisciplinary Cancer Congress in Stockholm
Available videos (see them all videos here):
- Working Together to Create Better EU Legislation for Patients
- David Kerr talks about National Cancer Planning
- An Advocate Discussion on Creating National Cancer Plans
- Improving Clinical Trials Information in Europe
- Creating Tools for Better Doctor-Patient Communication
- The Educated Patient and the Internet
- A Guide for Patients with Advanced Cancer
- A Conversation with Wendy Yared about European Cancer Leagues
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: