Organisation: European Men’s Health Forum
Mother tongue: English
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Men’s health issues
- Health literacy
- Health Policies in general
- British Medical Association – member of the Council for the UK
Awarded the BMA accolade, the Association Medal. He worked on the Developing Patient Partnerships (DPP formerly Doctor Patient Partnership) for six years.
- President of the European Men’s Health Forum
- Professorial Fellow Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH)
- Visiting professor University of Ulster school of nursing (European mens health and cancer)
- Gold medal for public health RSPH
- Official spokesman on men’s health issues for the British Medical Association
- Former deputy editor of the Men’s Health Journal (six years) and for six years the medical editor for The Men’s Health Magazine.
- Wrote the BBC book ‘The Trouble with Men’ was written in 1996 to accompany the television series of the same name. It was followed by Men’s Health, The Good Patient Guide, The Children's Health Guide, ‘Get Fit with Brittas’, ‘Men’s Health in General Practice’, ‘Ask About Sex’ and the 50th NHS Anniversary book from the NHSE/HEA, The Home Medicine Guide. He is also the author of the NHS Direct Healthcare Guide and Web site. Author of over 100 titles of ‘Haynes health manuals’.
- British media – press, TV, radio
OUTSIDE COMMITMENTS (e.g. service on other Boards/Committees):
- EPF Policy group
- SANCO pharmacovigilance.
- Board member European Association for Access to Safe Medicines (EAASM)
- Board member Self Care Forum (UK)
- Member council British Medical Association (23 years)
- Medical doctor (GP/A&E)
- Writing, journalism
- Medical research diabetes (islet cell transplantation)
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: