To improve outcomes for all cancer patients in Europe through multidisciplinarity.
ECCO’s core purpose
To provide a cohesive platform that promotes the concept and practice of multidisciplinarity across all areas of cancer care and to be the united voice of European cancer professionals to address common policy issues.
ECCO’s core values
The essential and enduring values that guide ECCO in all of its activities are:
- Patient Centricity – ECCO puts cancer patients at the centre of its concerns and activities and strives to do the very best for them
- Commitment to Science – ECCO’s policies reflect the very latest scientific knowledge and are independent of any vested interests
- Cohesiveness - ECCO believes that combining the efforts of its members goes further towards achieving common goals than the sum of its members’ individual efforts
- Inclusiveness – ECCO seeks to include all non-profit organisations that share its vision and values
- Equality and Fairness – All ECCO members have a voice in the organisation and ECCO strives to transcend the interests of any one member
- Openness and Transparency – ECCO is committed to be transparent in and accountable for all it does
ECCO’s core goal
ECCO’s compelling goal that serves as a unifying focal point for all of its efforts is that:
ECCO seeks to address disparities in cancer outcomes across Europe by achieving synergies between different members’ expertise and knowledge to ensure that the oncology value chain is optimised for all cancer patients
 The oncology value chain includes the range of activities and services that multidisciplinary teams and cancer organisations provide for patients at different stages of the cancer journey as well as the support activities that underpin this process (eg. Infrastructure, research, education etc.).
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: