Application submission to participate in the ECCO-AACR-EORTC-ESMO Workshop on 'Methods in Clinical Cancer Research' is now closed.
Please read carefully the minimum selections criteria (see below)
- All applicants must use below template to submit their application
- All applicants are requested to login (click here) and to submit ONLINE a fully completed application form with following items
- Complete details of the Applicant
- A one-page description of the clinical THERAPEUTIC trial protocol to compile during the Workshop
- A complete C.V. with digital photograph in low resolution
- A letter of motivation (outlining the reasons for wanting to participate in this workshop)
- Declaration of the Applicant
- A statement from the applicant’s Supervisor/Head of Department in support of the application, describing his/her commitment to long-term follow-up and facilitation of the actual implementation of the study designed at the Workshop
- Letter of recommendation & Contact details from the applicant’s head of department
MINIMUM SELECTION CRITERIA
- Candidates must be in at least the 2nd year of training and within 5 years of completion of Residency/Fellowship training in one of the following disciplines:
- Junior physician specialising in oncology
- Junior clinical professional managing cancer patients (i.e. gynaecologist, haematologist, neuro-oncologist, paediatric oncologist,…)
- Junior radiologist or pathologist with a strong involvement in cancer care.
- Have a major interest in clinical research and intend to develop a career in that field
- Aim to write and conduct a clinical protocol for a study not previously performed, nor written, which is also considered feasible within the institutional setting and the time of completion of the candidate’s clinical training.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and have good computer skills.
- Have support from the Supervisor/ Head of Department and sustained commitment in the years following the Workshop.
- Applications will NOT be accepted if the above described criteria are not fulfilled
- All applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt of their applications (within 1 working day)
- Please ensure that the uploaded size document does not exceed 4MB.
- Applications received after the deadline (09 February 24:00 CET Brussels Time) will NOT be accepted
- Applicants will be notified about their status by early April 2015
- Applicants are strongly encouraged not to wait until the final deadline to submit applications since this may cause system overload!
- Two other workshops similar to Flims are held in Vail (USA) annually and in Australia in alternate years. The organisers of the Flims, Vail and Australian workshops would like to stress that applications will only be accepted for one workshop.
- The Workshop Review Committee’s decision is final and whilst we welcome your feedback about the application process, the Workshop Review Committee will not enter into any discussions regarding the final decision.
For all questions about the application process (confirmations) and workshop, please contact Samira Essiaf, Flims Workshop Manager by Email: samira.essiaf <at>ecco-org.eu or Phone: +32(0)2 775 02 01 (ECCO Office) or +32(0)2 775 02 49 (Direct line).
*please replace <at> with @
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: