Joint ECCO-AACR-EORTC-ESMO Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research
The ECCO-AACR-EORTC-ESMO Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research is an educational programme that introduces junior clinical oncologists in any oncology subspecialty to the principles of good clinical trial design.
Since 1999, this well-recognised and CME accredited Workshop progressed with each subsequent edition to reinforce its value.
Why do we need a workshop?
The presence of a strong research base is essential to the future of good quality cancer care. Clinical scientists who are able to set up and run high-quality clinical trials are vital to the advancement of new therapies. This Workshop was established to reverse the decline in numbers of clinical scientists. The ultimate goal: to develop a robust, expanding base of well-trained clinical researchers by providing them with the training they need to conduct better clinical/translational trial designs. Participants propose a trial protocol when applying to the Workshop and complete writing the protocol through the course of the Workshop. The development of the protocol is not intended to be a practice run as participants are expected to make every effort to implement their protocol.
- Six day scientific programme incorporates four educational formats to respond to a variety of learning needs
- Exclusive access to and mentoring by up to 40 highly experienced clinical experts in the field of oncology from Europe, US and Canada
- Exceptional opportunity to meet and network with an elite group of 80 junior clinical oncologists from all over the world
- Outstanding educational experience in a unique setting conducive to professional relationship building, learning and development
- Access to a variety of educational tools including individual counselling designed to enable participants to develop their initial protocol proposal into a complete protocol
- Active promotion of productive dialogues between young cancer specialists and the European and non-European Cancer Societies
- Establishment of a network for educational exchanges between young cancer clinicians worldwide
Follow the latest updates about the MCCR Workshop on Twitter using #MCCRworkshop