The Liver Cancer Summit 2020 will address the latest developments in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) that you as a practicing physician and/or scientist should know. This year, for the first time, this successful summit will have a new title “Liver Cancer Summit” instead of the well-known “HCC Summit” to reflect the growing preclinical and clinical data and rapidly changing treatment landscape of CCA in addition to HCC. In 2020 the Liver Cancer Summit will be held from 6 to 8 February in Prague, Czech Republic.
The program will feature state of the art lectures on updated key aspects of HCC and CCA by renowned experts and rising stars covering a broad spectrum of topics, such as:
- Preclinical research on the mechanisms of malignant transformation of hepatic cells and of cell-to-cell interactions
- Basic and translational research on the biology, genetics, and immunology of HCC and CCA
- New developments in HCC and CCA management, including new targeted agents and recent data and implications for immunotherapy of HCC and CCA
- Personalised medicine
- The new challenge of microbiota and liver cancer
- Novel biomarker concepts in HCC and CCA
- Discussions on clinical trials between academia, pharma and regulatory agencies
Panel discussion with experts will open a discussion on the new directions and avenues for research and clinical practice. Special emphasis will be placed on involving young clinicians and scientists, who will have the opportunity to gain a compact overview of the field and build new networks by easily getting in touch with advanced scientists and key opinion leaders. The meeting offers many opportunities to share your research results (selected abstracts will be presented as oral presentation) and clinical ideas and to get new inspiration for your own career.
Page last modified: